jeudi 27 janvier 2011

Homophobia

First, let me introduce myself. My name is James; I am American nineteen years old boy. I am studying biology at Colorado State University.
I started my first year two weeks ago. I didn’t choose this major. My father wanted me to take over his laboratory, but science is not for me… So my mother decided to hire a teacher to give me private lessons.
Today, after school, I met my private teacher for the first time.

“James! Your teacher is here. Come on!”
When I arrived in living room I recognized him Rick…
Rick was the perfect man: a charming smile, magnificent green eyes and athlete's body. I met him on the Janice’s party one month ago. At this moment, I knew that I wanted him to be mine. But he seemed interested by girls. I was very disappointed…
When I saw him, my heart rate has accelerated, a shiver went through my body, he, anyone, I am an effect that I can not explain. Until then my attraction to men caused some disgust. I could not believe it, the eyes of others was too hard to bear ... There was indeed taken this girl when I was 15, she was called Lara, it certainly was sublime, but it was not me, I was not happy.
And then Rick came into my life, at least in my head and my heart, not an hour filed past without me thinking of him, I was for the first time in my life in love with a man, aware of the being, and even ready to shout from the rooftops. It was clear to me. I'm gay.

Day after day, I couldn't stop thinking about him. The more the time passed, the closer we were and the happier I was.
I wanted him to invite me to go out. One day, he did.
It was a party in a villa of a residential area in Denver. It was a beautiful house with a swimming pool. I didn't know a lot of people, I was feeling a bit lost but when I saw him I was no longer feeling that way. He smiled to me and came toward me. But I realized that he wasn't alone. A beautiful, tall, blond and blue-eyed girl was holding his hand. The type of girl that everyone likes.
He was talking to me but I wasn't listening to him. The only thing which concerned me was him holding her hand. I was so disappointed, I just left. I wanted to go home but something was holding me back. So I stayed. All this party I hid in the garden. At the end Rick came to me, I didn't say a word, I was so ashamed of my behaviour.
'She is not my girlfriend, you know.', he said.
We looked at each other for a while and he kissed me.



Time passed and everything was fine. But we didn’t expect something bad to happen...
We were kissing and my mother surprised us... We argued with my mother because I didn’t want my father to know. Once calmed, anger down, she realized that it was meaningless. We finally discuss and laugh.
She would love to meet and get to know him. She even offer a brunch for a business trip with my father.
A student's high school .... surprised the couple on the porch.
The rumours began in high school, first they looked at me one weird, then they began to laugh, a laugh at me, insult me and now some are waiting for me at the output classes to hit me. I remember once, when he covered my head, tied his hands and beat me. They leave me alone on a beach with my pain..

I was lying on the sand and I was wondering why they did this to me. I was hurt, my leg was bleeding, I had a headache, I was breathless… I felt I was dying. And in the distance I heard Rick’s voice “James! James! Oh God! What happened to you!…” he shouted. He untied me and he embraced me in his arm. I felt his tear on my shoulders. “It’s okay, I’m here now … Everything is going to be alright” he cried, and he took me in his car to drive me home. “These guys shouted at me, and they told me that my girlfriend was waiting for me on the beach.”
We arrived in front of my house, I didn’t want to come in, I was so afraid of my mother’s reaction … I felt my heartbeat pounding, but he was here to calm me down. He was whispering at my ear : “ Don’t worry, your father is not at home, and I think your mother is sleeping. We are going to enter by the back door, nobody is going to see us.”
But the back door was in the garden, and we saw my father drinking and smoking.
We were both surprised. We said at the same time: “What are you doing here?”
“My business trip was cancelled, I came home earlier”, my father said. “And you? Why are you in such a pitiful state?!” …. I was speechless, he looked at me and he asked me what happened. I didn’t answer his question, so he asked Rick.
“I can’t tell you anything sir, I’m sorry.”
My father came in my direction, he shook me, and he looked in my eyes, and said calmly : “You are my son, you can tell me anything, I will always be there for you.”
“Some guys hit me”
“Why?” he asked.
I had no choice, I had to tell him: - “Because I am gay … I’m in love with him. I’m sorry, dad. It’s my choice” … And suddenly he slapped me.

Now, I am living at Rick’s house. Since then I haven’t seen my father nor my mother. My father doesn’t let her see me. We plan to get married in a few months, but it’s not allowed here, so we will marry in the State of Michigan.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire